Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last Day of September



I don't think it occured to me until this morning that tomorrow is the first day of October!  I'm usually fairly organized and already have some ideas for Halloween, but work has been crazy lately - and with the party, I haven't really had time to plan.

After the success of my son's party, my husband is trying to convince me to throw a kids' Halloween party...so that adds more pressure.

It's kind of funny/sweet really, because my husband said he had the worst birthday parties growing up so he was completely against them when we had our son.  But after seeing that I can, in fact, entertain fairly well, he wants me to throw more of them!

I don't think men realize the amount of work involved in these things...but then again, I know I overdo things so I'm sure I make it much more work than it needs to be...but hey!  That's part of the fun of it!  I enjoy the challenge of pulling a theme together and all of the little details.  But the fun can lose a little of its charm when I'm up until 2AM tying ribbons on favors and handpainting signs on my lunch break!

But I do have a ton of cute Halloween ideas...and the playhouse would make a great backdrop for a (cute, not scary) kids Halloween party. 

In the meantime, I've got to get cracking and come up with some new pumpkin carving & costume ideas . 

Any one have any creative ideas?!?


3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    Just this morning, I saw the cutest ideas for a kid's Halloween party here: http://www.mattandshari.com/fall/halloween-crafts-decor-more-new.html. It's down toward the bottom of the page.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today and for your kind comments.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definately have the knack...your hubby is spot on! We have a pumpkin carving party every year. We have it out in our shop...roll up the hay wagons, use hay bales as "steps" for the kids to stand on. We started it about 4 or 5 years ago, with just family coming. Now we have neighbors calling to see if they can come and if we are still having it. I normally do most of the food, and all of the drinks. Everyone brings a plate of something. The kids love it because they can run around and have the best time. The adults love it because everyone is carving pumpkins, so why not do it together!! :)
    Good luck and cant' wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimi's party always sounds wonderful. You could always just do it totally old-fashioned. Bobbing for apples, carving pumpkins, some kind of rigged up little hay-ride. And I love the pumpkin pillow in this picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!