Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My son's 2nd Birthday

It's a snowy Tuesday afternoon here in PA.  While the snowflakes twirl around my office window, my mind is wandering - thinking ahead to my son's birthday later this year.  Dreaming up ideas for his party theme.

Which reminds me...if you're a follower of my blog, you've undoubtedly already seen my son's 3rd Birthday airplane party, but I never got to show his 2nd Birthday Party!

Here were the invitations... aren't the die cut dump trucks so cute?!? It read, "Dump Everything and head this way...it's time to celebrate Andrew's 2nd Birthday!"  I embellished the envelopes with construction stickers from the craft store.





Then I hand-painted directional signs to our house to resemble actual road signs...and posted them onto wooden stakes in the ground and embellished them with balloons.



Here were some party signs indoors to welcome our guests...







 Outside I decorated the mailbox with a giant "2" balloon ~

and filled an old wagon with fall mums to welcome people to the party!




I loved the road map tablecloth!
And two, mini construction cones flanked either side of the cake...






His Birthday Banner:



I made fondant-covered cookie favors for party guests in three designs:
  • Dump Trucks
  • Construction Cones
  • and giant "2" Cookies 



The cookies were individually wrapped in cellophane bags, tied with coordinating ribbon,



and placed in an adorable mini Radio Flyer wagon!




The cake was a simple but super cute Tonka Truck cake:




I kept everything in the same, bright primary color palette to keep it all coordinated, fresh and playful!
It was so fun!  

Hope you enjoyed checking it out!

12 comments:

  1. Great party - wonderful colors. I love the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome. I wish you could come help me plan my sons birthday. WOW!!! I love the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, you are amazing....what a wonderful mother you truly are.

    I removed my Attitude of Gratitude series. Ron said it was too 'heavy' for blogland and I agree. I always have a desire to go deeper but I don't think that is necessarily good. Anyway, many thanks for asking. You are dear.

    Hugs, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy.. that is the cutest ever! Brings back memories of my son's (now 21!) tonka truck days...they were so fun! how time flies...
    have a wonderful day:)
    paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all about your parties! I am glad you posted about #2. Can't wait to see what #4 will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very cute!! Love the theme! And those cookies are adorable! Know your little guy had a great time :)!
    Blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a cute theme.

    You did a great job, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy your blog and visit often. I love your work and enjoy reading about what you do.
    You are now one of my favorites on my blog.
    http://kuntrycharms.blogspot.com/
    hugs and keep up the good work.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is crazy...once again. For my oldest son's 2nd birthday I did this theme too! LOL. We even had a dump truck come dump sandbox dirt on the driveway for the kids to play in. I will have to share it all sometime....it was my favorite kids' party I've ever done. ;)

    Yours is incredible OF COURSE!! You have so much talent with making signs! I'm always very impressed. Do you free hand the letters?? I really like all the bold colors you chose too. Your cookies look absolutely perfect too. I would love to learn to make fondant cookies like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING! Wow! That is really such a fun theme, and you made it so fun. I'm positive everyone had such a great time...especially the birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous party! The details and inspiration are amazing! The table cones and the cookies are my favorite. You've done an excellent job planning and putting this together! I would love if you would join the Celebration Inspiration linky party on April 6th. This party is sure to win everyone over!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you tell me where to get the table cover. Its is great. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!