Monday, October 18, 2010

Poltergeist Playhouse


It's that time again..when it grows dark a little earlier each night...when the wind rustles the leaves, swirling them in the air...when nothing is quite as it seems.   

Halloween 
is approaching...
and everything is getting a little eerie around our house!  

Eek!  
Even the playhouse!



Cornstalks flank the patio and deck.
Using dead wood from our lilacs, I manufactured a barren tree that is covered in cobwebs to give the house an abandoned, creepy effect.  I set a Haunted House sign in the branches along with a menacing vulture.

Crows have descended on the rooftop.

Just like last year, there are rats set upon the front porch, and a witches broom leaning against the front door, giving passersby reason to wander just who lives inside?!  


A spooky Halloween flag flaps in the October breeze, while translucent skeletons and ghosts wave in the wind on the dogwood tree nearby. Bats are draped on the porch railings, and plump orange pumpkins are set just outside the doorway, with garlands of autumn leaves. 

A witches cauldron hangs from the front porch while a crow sits atop the eaves.


A Frankenstein monster lurks in the bushes. 


Would you dare to enter within?!

5 comments:

  1. I'm just in love with this playhouse!!! Love the Halloween decor too!!! I'm sure your little man has a blast out there!

    Take care!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky! I bet your son loves it!

    I'm having a giveaway today! Check it out!
    http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how Andrew feels when he see's his playhouse all decked out for Halloween. I'm sure the excitement is something he'll look back, on much like the feeling you get with the first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy

    My name is Victor and I was searching the net for some inspiration to build my daughter a playhouse, which is where I found your sons. I like it so much I am going to model mine off yours. I am writing you to ask a favour. I was woundering if it is possible to get some basic dimention of your playhouse? I intend to put a slide where the deck is, not build a garage and have the basic design the same except with a, I suspect, smaller footprint. What I would like to know is:
    1. What is the dimension of the main building (footprint)?
    2. How big is the verandah?
    3. What is the wall height?
    4. What is the pitch of the roof?
    I hope this is not to much to ask, but I am not familiar with US construction techniques as I live in Australia? Once I have that information I will be able to start the build and hopefuly have a basic, functioning shell ready for christmas.

    Regards
    Victor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!