Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween is coming!


Are you almost ready?!
Halloween 
is nearly here!

There are little signs of it everywhere at our house!
From a little haunted house vignette in the foyer...

To the spooky artwork and eerie banner below..


Bowls of irresistible candy corn beckon...


And the site of pumpkins abound!

My son's popsicle stick pumpkin craft.

Pumpkin plates and ghosts adorn my kitchen shelf.

Black cat potholders make holiday cooking a little more fun :)

A ghoulish tea towel haunts my Halloween stove.
A pumpkin cookie jar and leaf light in the kitchen.
Adding adorable little seasonal touches can make even the most mundane tasks a little more enjoyable! Perhaps enough so to lure you into the kitchen to whip up a batch of cute little Halloween owl cookies :)


When you have little ones in the house, the change of seasons and holidays provide a wonderful opportunity for creativity and learning.  Whether we're going on nature walks to collect autumn leaves, baking something together in the kitchen, spending family time together watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," or doing a holiday craft, we always try to find ways to incorporate fun and a little educational value in each blessed season of the year.  

For fall and Halloween, my son has a wide assortment of  
seasonal storybooks 
that we love to read together.  

Reading together is not only a special bonding time with your child, but it helps to build your child's vocabulary and literacy proficiency...
of course all your child will care about is how much fun it is! 


As October breezes bluster outside...

My fall mailbox with the lawn peppered in fallen leaves.

...drawing us all indoors again,
we need to make our homes a cozy haven. 


Plump {pumpkin!} pillows to nestle against...
Warm, downy throws...
and the soft, flickering glow from a seasonal candle


or the lights from a little fall village



can provide a lovely holiday ambiance to your home...
making the time spent indoors all the more pleasurable!

This little set is in my dining room hutch...

along with the ethereal ghosts I made earlier this month.

 
So as the harsh October winds swirl outside your windows,
I hope you and your family are safely tucked inside,
enjoying this amazing fall season
in all its glory

while awaiting the thrills and fun of...
Halloween 

6 comments:

  1. What a dynamite post! I love it all. I have to say, the homemade crafts are my fav. Your ghosts are so cute and I love the popsicle stick pumkin that Andrew made. Your house looks aglow with the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is beautiful!!!! I really love your mailbox and village!!!

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my dear are ready!!! Your home is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that SAME Fall Festival candle and love it. <3

    Your owl cookies are SOOO CUTE!! I think they're one of my favorite cookie designs I've seen in a LONG time! Judy, you are the BEST baker ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures!
    Put me in the Holiday mood!
    Thank you for sharing!
    I am signing up to follow...
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Fall villagE! Where can I find items to create my own?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!