Friday, December 18, 2009

Little gingerbread people

What could be more charming for a holiday party of little children than a platter of sweet little gingerbread people all bundled up in colorful red & green scarves to brave the cold?


I made this darling little batch of gingerbread men for my son's holiday party today.  Their sweet smiles and happy expressions are sure to invite oodles of giggles and joy to the kids.



Imagine the tiny hands of the kids clasping onto one of these cheery fellows...





With fruit leather scarves, cinnamon candy noses, royal icing smiles, and chocolate chip eyes...





it's an explosion of sweet candy and yummy spice sure to please even the most temperamental toddler!




13 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    Just wanted to pop in and say those cookies are so adorable...and I bet they are yummy,too. I love gingerbread and I love cookies,(I am still a kid when it comes to cookies.)
    I hope you have a wonder-filled Christmas.
    glenda @ Serendipity Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so sweet! I totally love the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, those are the cutest g-bread men I've seen all season! The scarves make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! You are an awesome photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, the dear little snowmen are so sweet. I bet Andrew and his friends LOVED them. I love your idea of using fruit roll ups for scarves. You are so creative.

    I'm so far behind in reading your posts. My laptop was on the fritz and just got it back today. Our oldest has the same laptop as you and LOVES it!!!! She got it when she started Univ in the fall. Enjoy, I know you will!!

    Wishing you, Tom and Andrew the best Christmas yet. Blessings to you all for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. .....these are so cute and adorable. Love those scarves, great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, these are SUPER cute Judy! How fun for little ones especially. The scarves and noses are my favorite part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! They are works of art! Aren't you glad we have digital cameras to capture all of the special things now! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm up late, baking and gift-wrapping. I had the most lovely time visiting with your gingerbread people--they're stunning. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy those cookies are too dang cute. I bet the kids absolutely loved them :) You are such a great Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!