Monday, December 21, 2009

Baking Week!



I've taken off this week so I can focus solely on baking!  It's the perfect week for it - we just had a snowstorm over the weekend so everything is blanketed in fresh fallen snow and feels so Christmassy! I've only made the gingerbread cookies so far, so I better get crackin'!  Christmas is almost here!  I have all of the trees lit, music playing and the whole house to myself!

Today among other recipes, I'm making my famous Caroler Kid cookies ~ I love making them because there are SO many possibilities!  Ear muffs, scarves, hats, long hair, short hair, blond, brunette...I make each one unique! 

They're so sweet tucked into cellophane bags with a little tag that reads, "We Wish You A Merry Christmas..." surrounded by musical notes!  Perfect for school treats, to give to your church choir, or for a Christmas Caroling Party!!  

Here's a fresh batch from the oven waiting to be decorated...





And here's a (messy) little gingerbread house me and my son put together from a kit...we had so much fun doing one last year!






We also whipped up a super quick batch of peppermint candy cookies in festive red and green...







What are you baking for Christmas?


7 comments:

  1. We TRULY should be neighbors! Sounds like such a fun week. You have an awesome style with you cookie decor. SUPER adorable. Those carolers are the cutest things...I've never seen anything like it. Thank you LOTS for the extra warm comment you left me last. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look yummy, and they are so sweet...I don't make Christmas cookies, but I think I will for next year...
    these look labor intensive...grin!!!
    Merry Christmas..to you and yours..
    glenda@Serendipity Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy!
    I've always loved your little caroler cookies. They are just the cutest things! :o) This will be the 2nd yr. in a row that I haven't done any baking (not by choice, believe me.) I truly enjoy it too.

    Have a wonderful week off from work. Enjoy your baking. I bet your house smells so good. I love your trees. Purty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gal, love your cookies.

    Judy, not one thing has changed with me except my attitude. Wow, did I ever have a pity party. I'm dealing with some yucky stuff but now that my attitude is better....things are looking up. Isn't God awesome?

    Sending my blessings to you, Tom and Andrew.

    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies are darling! LOVE them! I'd love to see a step by step photo essay on these sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put my baking to shame. I need to get going on some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your cookies...Probably the best I've seen on the blogs. Awesome!!!!
    Hope you share the recipes with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!