Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Reads

You can read more about my adoration for author and illustrator, Susan Branch here.
{her comment on my post sent me over the moon!!}
......

I reach for her Summer Book time after time for inspiration!
It's chock full of her darling, watercolor illustrations (not to mention her mouth watering recipes) and all of her charming stories, quotes, and ideas for enjoying this glorious, sun-soaked season to the fullest!

If you haven't already done so, do yourself a great big favor and grab a copy and head for the nearest porch swing, hammock or adirondack and be prepared to be delighted {oh and psst...check out her charming new blog, too!! 

Summer wouldn't be summer without some great books, a trip to the bookstore/library, and a few great inspirational magazines! 


What are you reading this summer?!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great post I love her blog too! Please come on over and link up at my party going on, more people are sure to love your blog as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a summer reading list that I'm slowly working through. I posted the list on my blog awhile back.

    I always look to Susan's books for inspiration. I wish I could live in a world colored with her drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Susan Branch illustrations! I remember when she used to have an illustrated recipe in Country Living Magazine. I know I have some of them in my file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you when I got out my Summer book! Are you still working on your journal, too? I haven't posted my summer reading list as it is all professional books. I only have one more class for my doctorate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy, I've been thinking about you....I do hope you are well.

    I don't care for summer but love Susan's summer book. She makes everything enjoyable.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom gets those magazines too. I was thinking about you today. I hope all is well. How is the garden cottage coming along? Can't wait to see!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!