Monday, February 15, 2010

Skating in Ottawa!

I didn't think I could still do it! 

 The last time I tried to ice skate (after many, many years) I could barely balance myself, but I couldn't come up here again and let the opportunity pass me by!

So I took a chance, laced up, and took the plunge!


I did it!  
(check me out in my skates!) 

And I have to say that the feeling of gliding across the ice again was the most fun I've had in years!  {Guess all of those years of lessons weren't for naught!}

I absolutely loved it!  


The Rideau Canal was packed today for Family Day in Ontario!  Music, hundreds (thousands?) of people on the ice, BeaverTails, hot chocolate, poutine, so fun!  

10 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories you are making! Great photos! It's so nice to have someone there to post pics for all of us! Take care! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's the kind of winter fun I could get into to!! Thanks for sharing your adventure..have lot's of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all are having a fabulous time!! Don't forget to pick up your red Olympic mittens...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy I actually put skates on for the first time in MANY years on the weekend!! Your pics are great. . . glad you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. So, I have a Happy 101 award for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Funny cause Miss H kept asking me if we could go ice skating a couple months ago! Looked like a blast:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ice skating pic! I've never tried it but would love to. Looks like you are having a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, looks like you all are having fun! I have never tried skating.

    We are actually having a winter this year and I am enjoying it also, but always look forward....I am a bit hopeless, I suspect. Hehe

    Off for a hot cup of tea!!!!!!! :-)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I have the Happy 101 award for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is on my bucket list!! I am so jealous. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!