Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Prepping the playhouse for fall

Halloween is almost here!  I'm getting my son's playhouse ready for fall and Halloween. 



Most of my annual wax begonias bit the dust with the frost we had Monday morning.  Time to pull them out and plant spring bulbs.  In the meantime, I put up some Halloween decorations and leaf garlands around his front door. Some glow-in-the-dark bats hang from his front porch railings.  A Linus "trick-or-treat" flag welcomes visitors and some ghosts and skeletons hang from his little tree.  The friendly Frankenstein keeps guard over the patio. My son's a little too young for the spooky decorations so I have to keep it cute.  I think I need to jazz it up with some cobwebs and some lights. My husband and I will have to put our creative heads together and see what we can come up with before Halloween gets here!

We have five garden pumpkins on his front porch (unfortunately the two biggest ones are starting to rot so we had to take an emergency trip to the pumpkin patch).  I need to get some jack-be-little pumpkins for the window boxes.


And we put some cornstalks on the deck posts...


The blue jays are having a field day swooping in for the corn!

Oh and I never showed you guys the weathervane we got for the playhouse garage rooftop!  You can just see a bit of it in the first picture.  It just came in early October! I ordered it months ago. It's a copper biplane with a brass propeller!  Isn't it cute??




Have fun with your own Halloween decorating!

If you post about it, I'd love to check it out so post a link in your comments!


10 comments:

  1. So so cute!! Great decorations and what a great play house! I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That weathervane is perfect for your playhouse! I know I've already mentioned this but that playhouse is incredible!! Have you thought of submitting it to a magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all so cute. I bet your little guy loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the weathervane is soooo cute! All your decorations are lovely.

    I love Halloween and I am already having to make Ron stay out of the candy. What a kid he is!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes! What a playhouse that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, your playhouse is nicer than most homes in my area! Wow! It's incredible! How inspiring. What lucky children! I'm going to have to show this to my husband, who will be greatly inspired! Happy Halloween, and Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! I love what you did with your porch at your big house too!

    Warm regards,
    Jenn @ rookno17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, he must be the luckiest kid in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That playhouse is just amazing. It truly took my breath away!!
    - Sophia, Okinawa Japan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!