Thursday, May 12, 2011

No More Pencils, No More Books


Today is my son's last day of preschool for the year! This was a monumental year of firsts for him. He really thrived having more educational structure. Just one month into the new school year and he learned to recite the entire Pledge of Allegiance!

But it seems like just yesterday it was his very first day of school...clutching his backpack, ready to burst through the doors! And now that first year is just a memory now...

Last night he made each of his teachers a handmade card (sorry, but I'm an old-fashioned kinda gal that still believes in a handwritten note of thanks and appreciation) ...and we stopped at the dollar store to get some supplies to make each of them a little gift.

Gift checklist:
6 packs of colored pencils, some double stick tape, leftover ribbon from other projects, two empty soup cans, and some flowers from our yard and the grocery store and we made these:


I wanted them to be able to remove the pencils
if they actually wanted to use them at some point,
so I affixed them with double stick tape and a rubber band
the ribbon hides the rubber band!


Little gifts to say "Thank You" in really big ways :)
And now we look ahead to a sun-filled summer of fun!


This post is part of Tutorial Tuesdays on Hopestudios.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I was thinking flowers for our pre-school teacher gift...I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your teacher's gifts--those are awesome and perfect for a teacher.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute I love it! My son has just a few days of preschool left too, sniff sniff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog today, it's so pretty and charming, I enjoyed my visit. The colored pencil vases are adorable, I'll have to tuck that idea away to use!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!