Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas fun for Kids

As I was trying to finish up some last minute Christmas cleaning and prep, my 4-yr. old son was bouncing off the walls with holiday excitement.  It's so hard to contain the joy of little ones this time of year!  

So what's a mom to do?! 

Out came a little kit that I bought and tucked away! 

 
It's a Draw Your Own Tree Christmas cookie decorating kit! 

 
It comes with pre-baked, pre-iced Christmas tree-shaped cookies
and a set of food-safe {flavored!} markers

so little ones can happily color away
 AND
eat the fruits of their labors!

My little peanut busy coloring away!

This is a fun and easy activity - even for the smallest kids.  
If they can scribble, they can decorate a cookie! 


Can't find a kit?  
No problem! 

Just bake your own cookies 
(I'd recommend something fairly sturdy so bake a little longer than usual or use a store bought cookie dough - they hold up to handling better than homemade).
Use royal icing and let the cookie completely dry before allowing kids to color their cookies.

Food-safe markers are all the rage now!
You can use them to paint on cookies, write messages,


Christmas is a time for the simple joys,
little ones so excited...
filled with the wonder of the season.

Little moments like these are the ones that we, as parents, cherish in our hearts.

Watching him hard at work, deep in concentration is pure bliss to this mommy!
I hope you and your family 
are taking time to savor these moments.
They are all too fleeting...
and soon
Christmas 2010 will be just a {beautiful} memory :)

4 comments:

  1. How awesome! I remember seeing this kit advertised on television a year or two ago. If I'd thought about it, I would've purchased some kits for my nieces and nephews this year for Christmas.

    Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love baking and art and coloring food...how fab...the kids love it! he's sooooo cute! and that turned out yummy! way to keep em' busy mom! merry christmas sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it......I never heard of coloring on cookies before. Very Cool.
    I'm a new follower.
    Amy's Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! My boys have never done this. I would love to try it out with them.

    He is so precious Judy. I feel what your heart feels too. <3 It's such a happy feeling to see our kids giddy and full of holiday wonder. I hope you have a blessed Christmas. I am so grateful for our blog friendship. Thank you for your always loving support!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!